Me Io Ako Ich Ja Yo Mim

My photo
Complusive. rover. Currently hanging in Cape Town, South Africa, but born and bred in Galway, Ireland. * Update - now to be found in London Town.

Like the summer sunshine, pour your sweetness over me...


I LOVE LOVE LOVE the film Marie Antoinette, not so much for the story itself but for the incredible styling on it. I find the physical film itself to be eye-poppingly gorgeous. Apparently, all of Kirsten Dunst's costumes in the film were inspired by Laduree's gorgeous pastel macaroons, which I well believe, since she looks good enough to eat in every scene.

I stumbled across The Curious Confectioner today and was instantly reminded of the sumptuousness of Sofia Coppola's efforts. I felt a diabetic coma coming on just by looking at these sugary little works of art. Not that I think you could ever bring yourself to eat one of these beauts. The company seems to operate out of Brick Lane somewhere so will definitely be checking them out the second I hit Laah-daahn come September!



0 comments:

Post a Comment