Me Io Ako Ich Ja Yo Mim

My photo
Complusive. rover. Currently hanging in Cape Town, South Africa, but born and bred in Galway, Ireland. * Update - now to be found in London Town.

Broke is the new black, apparently.

Everybody is aware that we're having a bit of economic misfortune at the moment. My favourite spin on it is that we're now experiencing the "pre-boom years", just gearing us up for the next wave of overpriced coffees and flah-flah-flahing about like we just fell out of the O.C.

However, as with any global crisis, little ol' Earth just keeps on turning. People still get married, have birthdays, produce offspring and so forth. An upside to the doom and gloom is that it forces folk to rethink their ideas, which has produced some pretty awesome design in recent months. I stumbled across this range of greeting cards by 9SPOTMONK yesterday, which I adore for their clever sentiments and utter simplicity. My favourite is "Candlelight dinner". Now if only they'd get shipping outside the US. Check them out here.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn recession....I want things and stuff!!!

Post a Comment